Breakfast, lunch and a snack will be provided daily during the closure to any student who wants it. If you want to receive these bagged meals at no charge, please contact your school.
District Three will continue to deliver food to our families in need.
We understand these are difficult times for many of our students and families. We are here to help and provide guidance to make sure your family is safe and fed.
If you need support or referrals to agencies that can provide assistance, please contact Ruth Schoonover at 279-6022 or [email protected]
Please also take a look at SC211.org for lists of information and services that might be able to help.
Here are a list of local numbers you can call for help.
Here are more resources from 2-1-1.
You can read the eLearning plan here.
Click here to go to our eLearning page for help with instruction and getting started.
Here are a list of resources during the closure to help you during this time:
These cell phone companies are helping with Internet access during the closure:
- FCC agreement stating that providers will waive late fees, not cutoff service for lack
of payment, and open hot-spots.
- Comcast COVID-19 response: offers free WiFi for 2 months to low income families
plus all Xfinity hot-spots are free to the public during this time
- Charter: Free Internet offer for 2 months
- AT&T COVID-19 response: offers open hot-spots, unlimited data to existing
customers, and $10/month plans to low income families
- Verizon COVID-19 response: no special offers, but following the FCC agreement.
- Sprint COVID-19 response: follows FCC agreement, provides unlimited data to
existing customers, and, starting Tuesday, 3/17/2020, will allow all handsets to
enable hot-spots for 60 days at no extra charge (I expect others will follow).
- T-Mobile COVID-19 response: follows FCC agreement, plus unlimited data to
existing customers, and, coming soon, will allow all handsets to enable hot-spots
for 60 days at no extra charge (I expect others will follow).
Here are more local numbers to call for help:
- United Way of The Piedmont - Dial 211
- Salvation Army - 576-6670 for appt. Help with rent and utilities
- Cannon's Methodist Church - Food Pantry April 4th- 9 am - 11 am
- First Baptist The Bridge on Green Street - Food distribution on Tuesdays and Thursdays- 9 am - 12 pm
- DSS applications for SNAP and Medicaid - 1-800-726-8774 (select option 1)
- Total Ministries - Help with food and financial assistance - 585-9167 by appointments only
- Crisis Response Mobile Helpline for Mental Health Crisis - 1-833-364-2274