Students, parents and guests,
We're so excited to be able to hold an in-person graduation this year, thanks to Governor McMaster's exemption! However, the only way we're able to do so is if everyone follows the rules and guidelines to make it as safe and healthy as possible:
- Each graduate may have up to four guests total. Each of these guests, regardless of age, MUST have a ticket in order to enter the stadium. Anyone without a ticket will not be permitted on campus.
- We highly recommend all guests arrive together in the same car, enter the stadium and sit together in their assigned seats. Groups will not be allowed to join together in the bleachers so if you don't arrive in the same car, you will have to wait for your other guests to arrive before entering the stadium.
- Gates will open at 5:45 p.m. and the ceremony will commence at 7 p.m. Guests with blue tickets will park behind the stadium and sit on the home side. Guests with gold tickets will park in the student parking lot and sit on the visitors side.
- Guests must stay socially distanced from other groups of guests from the time they arrive to the time they leave. Anyone seen breaking the rules will be escorted out.
- Have guests who are disappointed they can't come? They can watch the live stream! The link will be on Facebook, Twitter and Youtube. It will also be recorded and available to watch after the ceremony, if you'd like to watch it together.
- Only seniors and staff will be allowed on the field or in our buildings. Seniors, you'll be in small, distanced groups with a teacher chaperoning. Please do not take pictures on school property breaking the social distancing rules.
- Graduates will be positioned 6 feet apart on the field in an effort to practice social distancing.
- Seniors, you will be given your graduation mask as you come to the school for actual graduation. Please keep those masks on until you are instructed that you can take them off.
- As always, no noisemakers or balloons will be permitted. Clapping at inappropriate times, hollering, making crude comments, etc. takes away from the dignity of this occasion and will not be allowed. To ensure the dignity of this ceremony, security personnel will escort persons from the stadium if they act in a manner which distracts from the ceremony.
- We highly recommend guests wear masks. Disposable ones will be available for anyone who doesn't have their own.
- We will have sanitation stations at every entrance and exit. No more than four people will be allowed in a restroom at any time.
- After the ceremony, all graduates and guests must leave immediately. Attendees will be dismissed in shifts in an effort to prevent large crowds from forming.
Please know: we must be strict due to the circumstances because it is the only way to safely hold an in-person graduation. We are so proud of you all and can't wait to celebrate you!
By accepting your tickets, you are confirming that you have not been diagnosed with COVID-19 unless you have been medically cleared; you have not been exposed to anyone with COVID-19 and that you are not currently displaying any of the following symptoms: shortness of breath, fever or coughing.
Conquer and Prevail,
Broome High School Principal