For decades, Spartanburg County School District Three has celebrated its graduates with a time-honored graduation ceremony and we are determined to continue that tradition.
Therefore, on Thursday, May 28th at 7 o’clock in the evening, District Three will host its annual Commencement Ceremony at the Broome High School stadium. Please make note that due to the Coronavirus, numerous additional rules will be implemented in an effort to keep our students, families and staff members healthy. These guidelines will be strictly enforced.
If needed, our other inclement weather days are Friday, May 29 at 7 pm or Saturday, May 30 at 9 am.
Only seniors and staff will be allowed on the field or in our buildings. We will be limiting the amount of guests each student can bring in order for every family to be distanced in the stands. Each graduate will be allowed up to four guests. Guests must have a ticket to be permitted entry.
We will be providing masks for all graduates and staff.
We'd like to thank Governor McMaster for allowing graduation to be an exception to the stay-at-home order.
District Three and Broome High School will be providing more details over the course of the next few weeks about parking, number of guests, arrival times, entering and exiting the stadium and where students will need to be before the ceremony begins.
1. Each attendee will be required to sit in pre-marked areas that will be six feet apart. No more than one person will be allowed to sit in each area as we are required to practice social distancing per Governor Henry McMaster’s orders.
2. Attendees will be dismissed in shifts in an effort to prevent large crowds from forming.
3. Due to social distancing guidelines, district officials request that families take group photos at home before or after the ceremony. Participants are reminded to maintain social distancing guidelines at all times inside of the stadium and in the parking lot.
4. Graduates will be positioned several feet apart on the field in an effort to practice social distancing.
5. The ceremony will be live streamed via a variety of different methods. More information regarding this will be forthcoming.
6. Guests will be required to have a ticket. Tickets will be handed out at graduation practice on the morning of May 28. All guests of any graduate must sit together.
Thank you to everyone for your willingness to comply with these rules to make sure we have a safe and healthy graduation. Please know we will take every precaution to make sure this ceremony will be safe and dignified to honor the accomplishments of each and every graduate.